The Wave Soda Tea: Plastic Facts That Will Ruin Your Day
Welcome to a new installment I decided to start, called "The Wave Soda Tea"!
If you were born before 1985 it's very possible you have no idea what I am referring to and you thought that Wave Soda was now making tea??
I'm sorry for the confusion, I will clear it up right now.
I believe it was the Millennials, maybe Gen Z, (honestly I don't quite know or care), who came up with this crafty phrase that turned into an all out movement. What was the movement centered around? Gossip. But the good kind!
How might you ask, can gossip be good? Well, it's good when it's important truths that people need to hear.
This movement was christened by the graphic of a little green frog (it's Kermit, guys) sipping on some tea (common phrases of the movement include: "sips tea", "sippin' that tea", "and that's the tea"). This tea is referring to the gossip, or truth, and Kermit the frog sipping it represents the person who is unapologetically spitting facts.
Still lost? Truthfully, if you don't get it, it doesn't really matter. The real thing to get here is that I am about to rifle off some dirty truths about plastic use that might just ruin your day. Sorry not sorry!
Straight up, that's the easiest way to put it. Plastic kills, y'all!
About a month back I wrote a blog post on why everyone should get some Wave Soda reusable bamboo straws. That wasn't just because they are cute and trendy and save your butt when a place doesn't have straws for you to sip your drank with. I made that post because we need to wake up and start treating this insanely awesome and gorgeous planet the way she deserves!
Feast your eyes upon the heart-wrenching plastic waste facts:
- PLASTIC DOES NOT DECOMPOSE! That means all the plastic that has ever and will ever be made, will never ever ever ever cease to exist
- It takes 22 gallons of water to create one pound of plastic
- 1 million plastic bottles are purchased each minute across the world
- Our plastic production is growing! (In 2017, there were 26.8 million tons of plastic dumped into landfills across the U.S.)
- 90% of Americans that were tested were found to have Bisphenol A (BPA) in their blood. BPA is a harsh chemical used during the production of plastic bottles and it has been discovered to seep into our food and water causing serious health issues
The list could go on and on. Plastic causes irreparable harm to humans, animals, and the environment, and we are using more and more by the minute! Why??
Apologies for the fiery attitude, but this stuff is serious. We can help make smalls changes that will heal our lovely planet and will create a better living experience for our children and their children to come, and it's easy too!
Keep reading to learn what simple things you can do to help!
Okay, So It's Kind Of A Big Deal! But How Can One Person Make A Difference?
Easy! It's the ripple effect.
One person some something good and wholesome and that single act touches a handful of lives. Those who were affected now go out and create the same goodness as the fist person, touching even more lives!
The good you do never goes unnoticed.
You can start simple with a few of the following things:
- Be aware! Maybe you don't think you use that much plastic. So for one day, count every plastic object you touch. Make a mental note. What did you come in contact with today that was plastic, but could be made in another, sustainable way?
- Use a reusable water bottle! Ditch the plastic and by yourself a fun water bottle that you can refill.
- Purchase a set of reusable bamboo straws that you can take with you to restaurants. Substitute these for the plastic ones that get thrown away and pollute our oceans.
- Research non-plastic alternatives for your daily needs like toothpaste, hairbrushes or make-up. There are so many brands now that offer sustainably package products! (Examples: Bite, Life Without Plastic, Elate Beauty)
The internet is your best friend. I mean, that's where you can find all of our Wave Soda drinks and products, so it's gotta be a cool place!
At Wave Soda we want to encourage you to make a positive impact, today.
There's no time like the present, so lets get moving!
If you have any other helpful hints, sustainable products or company's, or suggestions for how we can create a better world, shoot us a message and we will feature you on our social media.