Do you now how many National Holidays there are?!
Like so, soooo many.
It's cool though, right?
Just gives us even more reasons to celebrate!
In the spirit of celebration, scroll down for a delicious apple dumplings recipe brought to you by your favorite healthy soda alternative, Wave Soda!
As the title of this post suggests, there is a secret sparkling ingredient!
The original recipe calls for Mountain Dew, but let's not even get into how many added sugars and artificial additives that would involve.
Instead, were going to do a happy substitution for Apple Wave Soda!
The rest of the ingredients you'll need are as follows:
- 2 packages of Crescent Rolls
- 2 cans of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 stick of Butter
- 12 oz of Apple Wave Soda
- Cinnamon to taste
Shake And Bake, Baby!
Probably not too much shaking, but definitely some baking!
Here's how to whip up this Wave Soda Apple Dumplings recipe:
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl and cut into smaller pieces
- Fill each crescent roll with a small spoonful of filling, and then close up all the sides until it has a dumpling shape. Place the dumplings in a glass pan
- Melt sugar and butter in a saucepan and then pour the mixture over your apple dumplings
- Sprinkle the dumplings with cinnamon and then pour the Apple Wave Soda over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes
Eek, I cannot wait to hear how these turn out for you guys!
If you love this recipe, let us know.
Drop a comment on our website's "Contact Us" page with your thoughts and suggestions :)