As many of you know, the sun is the most common and arguably best source of Vitamin D.
Unfortunately, during these winter months sunlight drops drastically. Coupled with Corona Virus which has kept many of us inside, it's highly possible that a lot of us are not getting enough Vitamin D.
Today Wave Soda brings you blog on the benefits of Vitamin D, and where to find it besides the sun!
How Does Vitamin D Affect Us?
You know that feeling you get after you have spent a few hours outside in the sun--that feeling of joy and wholeness? Not too far off from the feeling you get when drinking a grapefruit soda! Well, there's a scientific explanation for that!
Researchers have actually discovered there is a strong link between sun exposure and a decrease in depression. Turns out, soaking up some rays can actually help fight depression.
Want to know what else Vitamin D does for you? Check out the list below:
- Vitamin D strengthens your bones
- Vitamin D strengthens your muscles
- Vitamin D supports the immune system
- Vitamin D fights inflammation
- Vitamin D can help strengthen oral health
- Vitamin D can help prevent Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Vitamin D helps treat hypertension
- Vitamin D can help you lose weight
- Vitamin D may help reduce the risk of certain cancers
Where Else To Find Vitamin D
As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, it's proven more difficult this year than usual to get the right amounts of Vitamin D. Interestingly enough, studies have shown that Vitamin D might actually help lower your risk of developing sever symptoms of Covid-19.
Well, if you can't spend the day sipping our natural soda at the beach, there are still other ways to get Vitamin D. Check out the list below:
- eat salmon
- try herring or sardines
- consider a cod liver oil supplement
- crack open some canned tuna
- cook up some egg yolks
- munch on mushrooms
If you are needing some recipe inspiration for the above foods, hop on our sparkling water blog where we are always finding and sharing healthy recipes ideas!