Does your mouth start to water when you picture juicy and delicious hot wings in your mind??
'Cause mine totally does. I could just be weird, but I don't think I am. (I definitely am a little, just not when it comes to wings, that's totally normal).
If you want to learn how to make this zesty and spicy hot wing sauce keep scrolling to discover the secret ingredient that will make you the hero of your next cookout!
The actual process of making the sauce and cooking the wings is pretty simple!
- Throw all the hot wing sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until it becomes a thick syrup
- While the sauce is simmering, coat your wings with the dry spice ingredients
- Place lightly coated wings in the oven at 250 for 30 minutes
- Increase heat to 450 and bake for another 30-40 minutes (until they are as crispy as you like!)
- Remove from oven and toss in hot wing sauce, serve hot!
I told you it was easy, guys!
Yes, I am purposefully not telling you how to make the hot wing sauce because I am trying to build suspense buuuuut I guess I kind of have to tell you now, right?
Okay okay, here it is...TANGERINE WAVE SODA
I know. I'm just as excited as you are!
Similar to the cooking process, the ingredients are straightforward.
You will need the following:
- Chicken wings
- Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of Tangerine Wave Soda
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
As mentioned above, you will use the dry ingredients (baking powder, salt, and pepper) on the wings before they go into the oven.
After they have finished cooking you will toss in the Wave Soda hot wing sauce and you're good to go!
Share With The Class
Y'all we cannot wait for you to make these wings!
A little bit of citrus, a little bit of heat, I mean you really can't go wrong with this mouth-watering hot wing sauce recipe.
If you give it go, our team at Wave Soda would love to see some pictures of the process and finished product!
Send us your thoughts, and we will feature you on our Instagram or Facebook page.