It's never been a secret that sugar isn't good for the body. That's old news.
But why exactly? What does it do that's so bad?
Surely, some sugar is okay, right?
Today Wave Soda is bringing you the tea on sugar!
Why Is Sugar Bad For You?
Firstly let me say, we're friends with natural sugars. You know, sugar that's naturally found in fruit or vegetables. It's the added sugar you want to stay away from.
Wait, what's that you say? Wave Soda has no added sugar! Oh, that's just icing on the cake! (Not real icing, or real cake, just metaphoric because that's too much sugar otherwise).
According to experts, sugar can cause the following health issues:
- Eating sugar causes a surge in dopamine to the brain which is okay, except then your brain starts craving sugar and causing an "I NEED IT" response that can keep growing if not put in check
- Consuming sugar can give you a quick burst of energy that raises your blood sugar levels fast buuut when the levels start to drop it can cause your body to feel jittery and anxious
- If you consume too much sugar on a regular basis it can start to severely affect your mood and has even been linked to greater risk of depression in adults!
- Cavities! That's a no-brainer.
- Consuming sugar has been linked to increasing joint pain
- Excess amounts of sugar can cause too much insulin in the blood leading to a negative affect on artery walls which increases your risk of heart attacks, heart failure, or strokes
Guys, I don't think I can go on! There is so much more to this than we choose to believe. Or maybe, you're like me and you're already pretty wary of sugar so you stay away because you love your temple and want to treat it right.
You know what's good for the temple? Wave Soda of course. An all-natural soda with no added sugars and no artificial flavoring.
Treat Your Temple Right, Drink Wave Soda
Sugar doesn't have to be this big scary monster. It just takes a little more research to discover which foods and drinks are safe to consume.
The recommended limit for sugar consumption is about 12 teaspoons a day, or 60 grams. For perspective, a 12 oz can of Coke has 39 grams of sugar. Whoa!
The good news? All of our healthy soda has less than 7 grams of sugar, some have only 2 grams!
So there is no need to panic just yet.
Do your research and start making healthier choices for your body, like drinking Wave Soda.