Been missing our healthy vegan recipes?
Not to worry, we have another one for you today!
Today Wave Soda is bringing you a homemade vegan cheese recipe that pairs perfectly with our delicious, sparkling water.
Vegan substitutes are great for people who want to avoid dairy.
Unfortunately, not all vegan substitutes that are sold in stores are made from all-natural ingredients.
That's why we love this vegan cheese recipe that's made with a handful of healthy ingredients. (A big reason why it pairs with our healthy soda!
- 1 1/2 cups Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Grab all of the ingredients and scroll down to the next step!
Making Vegan Cheese
Preparation takes a little longer because the Macadamia Nuts have to soak, but
it's worth it for these natural ingredients!
- Soak the macadamia nuts in hot water for at least 1 hour. This step is optional, but it’s important to get a smoother texture.
- Drain them, add it to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- The cheese is ready to eat, but it will taste better after chilling and it also will have a better consistency.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a mixing bowl, and lay down a cheesecloth, nut milk bag or even a napkin. Add the mixture, gather the corners and secure with a rubber band. Cover with a dish towel and leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour, preferably 24-36 hours. The longer it chills, the firmer the cheese will become.
This cheese is best served fresh, and with a side of New Wave Soda!
Try this cheese with pita chips or crackers.
Stay up to date with our Wave Soda Blog to find more vegan recipes!