Another National Day that I can get around; National Granola Bar Day!
They are such a great snack to have during the day and a perfect addition to a sack lunch.
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
Notice anything about these ingredients? All-natural! Like our natural soda, this granola bar recipe does not contain anything processed or artificial.
Just how we like it!
Whipping up these homemade granola bars is pretty simple, so let's get into it.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl stir together honey, peanut butter, vanilla and salt until smooth
- Mix in oats, chocolate chips, and crushed peanuts. The mixture may seem too dry, but keep mixing and it will come together
- Press mixture firmly into pan and use a second piece of parchment paper to flatten
- Chill for at least an hour then slice into bars
Our happy soda is a great choice if you are looking to cut back on sugary sodas, but still want some polite caffeination or subtle carbonation.