Presidents' Day is a perfect day to sit back, appreciate our past and future presidents, and eat and drink a bunch of tasty things!
I'm sure you will already be satisfying some of your fruit craving with our sparkling juice, but why not go all the way and prepare a fruit dish?
Scroll down to get a recipe for an absolutely presidential American flag fruit kabob!
What You'll Need
If you haven't seen this Presidents' Day fruit kabob before, I dare say, you're missing out.
Not only is it made with some delicious fruit but when finished, it looks like an American flag!
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 bananas, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bamboo skewers
Nothing says Presidents' Day like a dish that resembles an American flag, am I right?
As much as I love the old red, white, and blue, I'm also a big fan of pink and orange and green!
Creating this Presidents' Day fruit kabob is a breeze since there is no cooking or baking involved.
Here's what you are going to do:
- Mix water and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Place cut bananas in lemon water to coat. This will prevent bananas from browning.
- Thread a strawberry piece, followed by a banana piece onto seven skewers.
- Repeat the process two more times on all six skewers and end by adding one additional strawberry.
- On 5 additional skewers, thread a strawberry, banana, strawberry, banana, then follow with about five or six blueberries.
- Line all skewers up on a serving platter to look like a flag and serve.
This is a tasty side dish to serve at lunch or dinner, and is a great activity to try with young kids!
If you'd rather drink your fruit instead, grab some of our fruit flavored sparkling water and enjoy a happy drink made from 85% sparkling water and 15% fruit juice. Crafted with all-natural ingredients and no added sugar, it's a healthy alternative to traditional soda.