I have such a weakness for strawberry ice cream but I don't love getting soft serve because it feels very processed.
To celebrate National Strawberry Ice Cream Day, why not treat yourself with something real?
Our natural soda is bringing you a natural recipe today that you can make right from your own kitchen!
Thanks to Like Mother Like Daughter for this delicious strawberry ice cream recipe, with oh so few ingredients! We love an easy treat!
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
We love the use of fresh strawberries for this treat!
It's pretty obvious that our team at Wave Soda is made of some big fruit fans. I mean, blueberry soda? Yes please!
Let's Make It
This dessert could be a fun activity to do with kids, or adults! The best thing about strawberry ice cream, is that everyone can enjoy it. Just like our sparkling juice.
- Mix chopped strawberries 1/2 cup sugar in a medium size bowl. Allow to set for 15 minutes
- Blend strawberries in a blender/food processor
- In a large bowl combine strawberry mixture with heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and remaining sugar
- Pour strawberry cream mixture into ice cream maker. Run according to manufacture instructions
Serving directly after making will give you soft serve style strawberry ice cream. If you are wanting firmer ice cream, scoop into a bowl and place in the freezer and let freeze.
If you don't fresh strawberries, you can substitute for canned fruit. It won't be as fresh, but it will still work! Just look out for ones that have added sugars and avoid them.
Thanks for joining us for another recipe brought to you by our happy soda! Enjoy!