Why so many vegan recipes you might wonder? Well, if you caught our Wave Soda blog from a couple of weeks ago, "5 Diet Changes You Need ASAP", you know that dairy isn't as great for you as people originally thought.
Plus, as a healthy soda brand, we love being able to offer you all tips and tricks on how to elevate your health and wellness!
Saturday was National Stuffing Day so we shared with you a rockin' Vegan and Gluten Free Stuffing recipe.
What You'll Need
Personally, I think one of the best things about eating gluten free or vegan, is that their are so many options now.
Just like how Nat Noone, Wave Soda's Founder, realized there was a need in market for a healthy sparkling soda, many companies have realized that there is also a need for more vegan substitutes!
You will see some in the ingredient list below.
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
We are stoked about this vegan gravy recipe because, like Wave Soda, it contains various all-natural ingredients.
Easy As Gravy
That's definitely not a saying, although I don't actually understand the original saying. What's especially easy about pie?
Either way, this vegan gravy recipe IS quite easy.
Just check out the steps below:
- Add the vegan butter to a saucepan and let it melt. Then add the chopped onions and garlic and fry in the butter until very soft and translucent
- Mix the flour and a little of the coconut milk together and mix it into a paste. Then add the rest of the coconut milk to the paste and whisk it in so that the flour and coconut milk is well combined and lump-free
- Add the flour and coconut milk mix to the saucepan along with the soy sauce and vegetable stock and whisk together
- Bring to the boil, whisking constantly and then let it boil for a few minutes until it thickens. It doesn't need to be super thick because it still needs to be pourable
- Add some salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy over whatever food you choose!
Approximately 30 minutes after you started, you will have a healthy and delicious vegan gravy to pour over all of your favorite holiday dishes!
Now that is something to be thankful for!