As it gets closer to the weekend the panic can start to set in about preparedness. Do you have all the supplies that you need to host a lovely little get-together? Or is food going to run out an hour in, and your buddy is going to forget to bring the mixers?
Fear, not friends! Today's blog is all about ease and relaxation. I've written a few quick recipes for the best holiday drinks all made with your favorite Wave Soda.
Firstly, it's of the utmost importance that you have the right mixers. Regular soda has way too much sugar, while soda water is much too bland. We could do a cranberry or orange juice but if you don't check the ingredients, you might be putting just as much sugar into your body as you would with soda. Ahh, but of course! Wave Soda contains only 2-6 grams of sugar per can and is a perfect mix of sparkling water and fruit juice. I mean if you were looking for the perfect fizzy drink this is it!
The second most important decision to make is what type of shindig you will be hosting/attending. Is it no shoes, beer-pong in the backyard, I can't find my phone? Or something more like this is my nicest shirt please don't spill any $40 champagne on it before the Baked Alaska is served?
No worries if you aren't sure because I will offer a recipe for both occasions. For the slightly more sophisticated crowd, try this next drink recipe, from our friends at Off The Beaten Path.
Wave Soda Gin Seltzer
What you'll need:
- A can of your favorite Wave Soda flavor ( I suggest Mango for this recipe)
- A few limes
- A handful of mint leaves
- Place a small handful of raspberries in the bottom of a glass, top with a drizzle of honey, a few mint leaves, a squeeze of lime juice. Muddle the mixture until it's pureed.
- Add the desired amount of Gin
- Squeeze in the juice from one lime
- Add ice
- Top with refreshing Mango Wave Soda
- Garnish with mint leaves
Now, this next one will be easier to make in a pinch, with just a few ingredients.
Sparkling Wave Soda Lemonade
I'm sure everyone has had strawberry lemonade before, it's become a go-to drink. But why don't we offer our friends and family a little twist this holiday weekend? This Wave Soda cocktail offers variety as you can trade in any Wave Soda flavor to create a tasty and uplifting spiked lemonade.
What you'll need:
- A can of your favorite Wave Soda flavor
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water in a pot over medium heat until sugar is dissolved
- Mix simply syrup with lemon juice and chill in the fridge
- Combine sweetened lemon juice with ice and top with Wave Soda
Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
I really need to stop that...
Whatever festivities you partake in this weekend, everyone here at Wave Soda wishes you a happy and safe holiday!
Remember to hydrate and drink water, or better yet, a few Wave Sodas ;)