Leftovers are almost the best part of Christmas dinner, don't you think?
Well, today Wave Soda brings you a Christmas leftover recipe that you're going to wish you knew about sooner.
Turkey Curry Recipe
Forget microwaving old mashed potatoes, pair this recipe with some of our
healthy soda and you're in for a treat!
Grab the following ingredients from you fridge:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 15g fresh ginger
- 1 red chili pepper
- 20g coriander
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 limes
- 500g cooked turkey
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
Once you get all your ingredients and a Wave Soda nearby, get ready to cook!
- Put the garlic, coriander stalks, ginger and half of the chili in a food processor
- Heat coconut oil, add onion and cook until golden brown. Add paste to the pan, along with ground turmeric, cumin and coriander and cook until spices are fragrant
- Add coconut milk, stoke cube and water and bring to simmer
- Cook for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Add turkey and cook for another 10 minutes
- Stir in coconut cream and lime juice. Add peas and cook another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and scatter with coconut flakes, chili and chopped coriander leaves
- Serve over rice or flatbread
Man, how good does this Christmas leftover recipe sound?!
Wash it down with some lightly carbonated unsweetened soda and have yourself a merry little after Christmas meal.