Happy National Homemade Soup Day!
Today, our New Wave Soda blog is going to feature one of our favorite recipes, a 3-ingredient homemade tomato soup.
It doesn't get much easier, (or tastier), than this!
We love this homemade soup because it is simple, like our healthy soda. With
only a handful of all-natural ingredients, there is nothing to be confused about.
For this tomato soup recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, cut into large wedges
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, we prefer to use whole peeled or crushed, see notes for fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water, low sodium vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
We call this 3-ingredient soup because we don't really consider water or salt as an ingredient, in the hopes that you don't have to go out and buy those items and already have them available!
Putting together this delicious homemade tomato soup is almost as easy as sipping our unsweetened soda.
Follow along with the following steps:
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan
- Add onions, water, tomatoes with juices and salt
- Bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Option to blend the soup in a blender here for a smoother texture
Talk about an easy and healthy meal! Cheers to our friends at Inspired Taste for this recipe.
Thanks for joining our natural soda brand for another healthy blog post! Being an unsweetened soda, made from non-GMO, all-natural ingredients, we love bringing you other tasty recipes that are good for your taste buds and your health.